Sunday, January 6, 2008

MLK Kick-Off Celebration!

Friday, January 18

7pm @ IWU Philippe Performing Arts Center

Kick off the weekend with an evening of celebration with international appeal! Come to experience the atmosphere of singing and celebration as we honor the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Various groups of artistic talent will perform: RaChelle Fears-Neal’s noaJ llessuR Ministry of Interpretive Movement and Dance, Lakeview’s Kids of Praise, Lisa Padilla’s Into Salsa Dance Company, IWU and Taylor University Gospel Choirs, and opera singer by Dr. Shederick Whipple. Our 2nd Annual MLK Legacy Awards will be presented to those who have continuously given their time and talent to living the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The evening will be hosted by Alex Huskey and Jim Lutrell, who will also introduce an educational piece on unity and why we celebrate.

3 comments:

Tamara Jones said...

All I got to say is...I WAS JAMMIN!!!! lol jk (for the elderly...that would refer to the phrases "laugh out loud" and "just kidding"). On a serious note, I know first hand that alot of work went into putting this program together and as a participant in this program, I really enjoyed myself. I think it's just a great opportunity to serve my community and a great feeling knowing that every year I can come to IWU and celebrate the birth and hardwork of a man as great as my man...MARTIN!!!!!

-Tamara

MLK Celebration Team said...

Great job MLK Team. The kick-off was amazing.

Sonya

Unknown said...

I was so happy and excited to participate in this year's mlk celebration for the first time... IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!I am so thankful for everyone who helped put this togeher because it was great. I am sure it was stressful at times but you all pulled it off! I can not wait to see what else is in store for this weekend. I am glad that we can come together black, white, or whatever race and praise and honor a great man that got us to where we are today. Thank you for making that possible.

-Jerahya Marie